In case you didn’t catch it, my name is Joy! I’m sometimes described as “joyfully loud”! I love to travel and will share my adventures with you here!
Some life changing trips:
- July 2009: Hydra, Greece…my first big trip to my dream location. I lived in Greece while studying abroad for a month.
- 2009- 2010: Taiwan...a whole year of “studying”, which really means frolicking around Taiwan with friends. Getting to know my cultures better!
- 2013- 2015: Singapore…living and working abroad! Also, hopping around South East Asia!
- April 2015: Mongolia…volunteering in a local village teaching English- living like a true nomad for a whole months (which means not showering for days at a time, super glamorous!)
- May- Oct 2015: Europe…first time solo traveling, carrying a backpack about the same size as me around 18 European countries.
- Oct 2015: Los Angeles…sometimes, moving home is more difficult than moving away.
Total Country Count: +/- 45
If you would like to share your travel experiences or have questions for me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
“We travel not to escape life, but for life to not escape us.”